Week twenty six

Back onto the solar panels again now that the antenna is finished, tested and working perfectly! The first step this week was to cut four long pieces of the ply 6cm wide and another four pieces 5cm wide to form a frame for the glass to sit in. I used a G-clamp to hold the frame pieces in position while drilling the screw holes, and to hold it together tightly while putting each screw in to help ensure that its water-tight, and then Beth put silicone sealant into the remaining cracks before painting it.

The first panel frame is all painted and ready for installation of the cells, and the second frame is ready for puttying and painting. I’ve made the counter-sinking a bit deeper on the second panel so that I can make the screw holes invisible and water-tight with some putty.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *